Kowhiri Limited ("Kowhiri", "we", "us", "our") recognises the importance of safeguarding your personal information. The collection of your personal information and/or your client's personal information is essential to enable to us to conduct our business of offering and providing you with our range of products and services ("Services").
What information does Kowhiri collect
We are committed to our obligations under the Privacy Act 1993 that relate to collecting personal information. In order to provide our Services, it is essential that we collect and process some personal information.
The information we collect can include:
- Information that you provide when using our Services. This includes information provided at the time of registering to our site, subscribing to any of our services, posting material or requesting further services. Examples of information we may collect include individuals' names, dates of birth, addresses, occupations and the existence and location of their will.
- If you contact us, we may keep a copy of that correspondence.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment these transactions.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
We may collect information about your computer, including, where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information for our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing patterns and actions, and does not identify any individual.
How does Kowhiri use your information?
Kowhiri may use your information:
- To provide our Services.
- To verify your identity.
- To communicate with you.
- To protect our rights.
- To ensure the secure and proper operation of the Kowhiri website.
- For internal research purposes.
- For any other use that you authorise.
Sharing your information
We use and disclose your personal information for the purposes we collected it.
We may use and disclose your personal information for a secondary purpose only if that secondary purpose is directly related to the purpose of collection.
When necessary and in connection with the purposes listed above, we may disclose your personal information to and/or collect you personal information from:
- Other registered users of the Services.
- Where required or authorised under our relationship with our subsidiaries, related companies or joint venture companies.
- Information technology providers, including hardware and software vendors and consultants such as programmers.
- Customer research organisations for the purpose of service improvements.
- Intermediaries including your agent, adviser, broker, a representative acting on your behalf, or our authorised representatives and our agents.
- Accounting and financial specialists, trustees associated with superannuation funds, government, law enforcement or statutory bodies, professional advisors, administration or business management services, or research and development service providers.
- Printers and mail service and delivery providers for the mailing of statements, insurance policy documents and marketing material.
- Imaging and document management services.
Additionally, if you have not opted out of receiving marketing material from us, we may also provide your contact details to carefully selected third parties who we reasonably believe provide products or services that may be of interest to you, or who have contracted with us to keep the information confidential, or who are subject to obligations to protect your personal information.
There are also instances where we may have to send your personal information overseas or collect personal information from overseas. These instances include:
- When you have asked us to do so.
- When we are authorised or required by law to do so.
- When we have outsourced a business activity or function to an overseas provider with whom we have a contractual arrangement.
- Certain electronic transactions.
- When it is necessary in order to facilitate a transaction on your behalf.
We will only send information overseas or collect personal information about you from overseas for the purposes in this statement.
You are entitled to obtain confirmation from us that we hold your personal information about you and can request access to that personal information by contacting us. In some circumstances, we are able to deny your request for access to personal information. If we deny your request, we will tell you why.
If accessing your personal information will take an extended period of time, we will inform you of the likely delay. For more detailed requests for access to information, an administration fee may be charged to cover the associated cost of supplying this information.
If you believe that the information we hold about you is incorrect, you may ask for it to be corrected. If we decline to correct that information you may request that a statement is attached to the information that a correction was sought but not made.
Personal Information Storage
We will endeavour to store personal information on secure servers and encrypt any passwords and transactions details you provide to us.
We will use every security precaution reasonably available to us to maintain the security of your personal information. However, there are risks inherent in transmitting and storing data online. As such, we cannot guarantee that data sent or stored electronically will be secure, and any information provided to us is at your own risk.
We will endeavour to contact you if any security breaches compromise the security of your personal information or information in relation to your will.
We would like to use and disclose your personal information to keep you up to date with the range of products or services available from us. Generally, we will use and disclose your personal information for our marketing purposes, and may use your information in other aspects of our business.
If you do not want us to use and disclose your personal information for the purposes of marketing products to you and in our general brand marketing, you should opt out of this on our website.
Kowhiri can be contacted about any of the matters in this policy by writing to Kowhiri Limited, Level 14, 191 Queen Street, Auckland 1010 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.